Eagle Scout Project Work Day : May 6th
see calendar for details
Council Camporee : April 28-30th
see calendar for details
Welcome back, officially, to the 2022-2023 Scouting Year!
Good afternoon everyone!
I wanted to give you some information regarding this upcoming year so you could better plan.
- This coming week is our huge recruitment push. We’ve been promoting this since last spring. Please respond back to me with where and when your unit is doing their recruitment event. Also please see the attached picture for what events we are having this week! Try to have your units participate. If you need lawn signs, postcards, flyers, posters you can pick those up at the council office in Farmingville!
- Popcorn orders are due today! For any unit fundraising with popcorn this year please make sure your show and sell order is in the system today. If you are interested in participating but have questions please let me know ASAP and I can help you out.
- Webelos Woods will be October 21-23. Information on this will be given out at Roundtable next week. The format will be almost identical to the format used in April so please plan accordingly. This is a great recruitment event and the troops that do attend have an upper hand in bridging webelos come the spring over those troops that do not attend.
- For Cub Scout Packs – We are once again offering the pinewood derby car recruitment incentive but we will be running it differently. We no longer are requiring units to recruit just 12 scouts. This year you must recruit enough scouts so as to have a positive net of scouts over your year end number. For example – Pack 1 had 30 scouts on December 31, 2021 but after recharter they have 15 scouts due to dropouts and webelos brigded. This means they now have to recruit 16 new scouts to achieve a positive net of 1 scout over last year end. Each unit needs to recruit a different number of scouts to receive the pinewood derby car incentive. I will be emailing each pack individually to let you know what you need to recruit.
- As mentioned before Roundtable is next week on Sept 21.. I strongly encourage you to attend or send a representative to attend. Roundtable is a great place to share ideas with other units, get information on district and council as well as to meet members of your district committee. Roundtable has undergone some changes and we’re going to continue to change and improve going forward. An announcement about roundtable (time and place) will be sent out the Monday before the meeting.
- We are always looking for new people to join our team on district. There are many jobs to fill both big and small. If you feel you can assist us with some tasks on any of our committees (finance, program, activities, membership, fundraising, training, etc.) please let me know. I’d be happy to have a conversation with you about where you’d like to help.
The Trailblazer summary schedule is posted on the website (www.sccbsa.org/trailblzaer ). I look forward to seeing everyone at roundtable next week.
Yours in Scouting,
Suffolk County Council District Director
1 Independence Hill, Suite 202
Farmingville, NY 11738
(631) 924-7000 x117